Monday, July 19, 2010

Comments on Israel, after the Revolution

I told my editor this morning that this essay, which went up this morning at The Hill, was the most important essay I'd written for them - out of several hundred - and possibly the most important I would write in my life. Anyone interested in why might look to my blog Water, Wood and a Wolf, to the right, but in a word, I've been saying that Israel is approaching a moment of distinction; a revolution of a kind, and in my opinion, Moshe Feiglin will be its leader.

I thought I'd put here a few of the comments that came up on it:

WHAT????

if you are a buddhist you are not a jew. has anyone changed the only true God for that which is not God?


I am not a Jew and do not want to convert. But I find that the conflicts which occur between Christian and Jew do not exist between Buddhism and Jewish orthodoxy. Particularly in terms of time and the afterlife. I guess that part about running parallel to Judaism as a Buddhist can be tricky. Those compound sentences can fool you. Buddhism is not a religion. It is an excellent discipline for those without sanga like myself. (That is, for those who go alone.) I find it a raft in a country where religion is politicized and divorced from place. And incidently,I don't go to church although I might if I lived someplace else. We sent our kids to Moravian play school in North Carolina and I liked them as a group.

I'm trying to find a point, a theme, a thesis, something in this. This may be the most incoherent thing I've read in years.

There may well be a profound thought in this that just didn't come across. That is the only guess I'm left with.

1 comment:

cheap nhl jerseysr said...

Good. Don't I once in a while appear to other folks like a idiotic model of authentic nhl jerseys imagination without having my own thinking about in order to? Do not MY PARTNER AND I move to that north after i experience the actual breezes associated with nhl jerseys from china love as well as the heat associated with compassion?